- Set an alarm as a reminder to pause and take three deep breaths, whatever you’re doing
- Bring yourself into the present moment, even briefly, using awareness of sensations in your skin or nose!
- When you eat, focus on your food. Don’t do anything except eating, including reading, tweeting, phoning.
- Check in and “be present” with the breath, while driving; and other sensations such as bumps in the road. Helps to stop the mind wandering so you arrive at your destination without having noticed the journey.
- Create morning and evening rituals. For example, noting at the end of the day one happiest moment, then taking a few deep appreciative breaths.
From Yoga Journal